OnePlus 6T receiving Android 10-based OxygenOS 10 updateNovember 2, 2019
Last month, at the launch event of OnePlus 7T Pro, OnePlus said that it will update the OnePlus 6 series with Android 10 in November. Well, keeping its promise, the company has begun rolling out the Android 10-based OxygenOS 10 update for the OnePlus 6T.
This update brings in new UI and features to the 6T, like new navigation gestures, icon shape customization, and enhanced location permissions for privacy. Additionally, it also comes with Game Space and Contextual Display.
Here’s the complete changelog of the update:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bugs fixes and improvements
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Contextual display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Contextual Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Though not mentioned in the changelog, OxygenOS 10 bumps up the Android security patch level on the 6T from August 1, 2019 to October 1, 2019.
OnePlus hasn’t officially announced the rollout of Android 10 for the 6T yet, but multiple users on Reddit have reported receiving an OTA which weighs 1.8GB in size.
The rollout appears to be limited, but some users were able to pull the update by using a VPN and changing their region to Germany. If that doesn’t work, you can still download the update using the Oxygen Updater app.
Those who converted their T-Mobile OnePlus 6T to the international model are wary of updating their device with Oxygen Updater, because in the past that has created some issues. However, a Reddit user updated his T-Mobile converted 6T and reports everything worked fine.
As far as the OnePlus 6 is concerned, there are no reports from users getting the update at the time of writing this, but the Oxygen Updater team claims that the company has begun the rollout for non-T version as well.No tags for this post.