13 huts were burnt to ashes due to fire in the waterworks of Mainpat, the main tourist destination of Chhattisgarh. In all these huts shops were operated. The fire was detected after midnight on Monday morning. A team of fire brigade from Ambikapur also reached the spot. By the time the fire was controlled, all thirteen huts had been destroyed by burning. Jaljali is the main tourist destination of Mainpat. Here the earth quits at one place.

These days a large crowd of tourists is arriving in Mainpat. Small shops were opened in the huts by the locals for the convenience of tourists. It was only from these shops that tourists used to get the food items needed. Local people also got employment. A crowd of tourists can be seen here from morning to late evening. The shops are also operated till the tourists stay. After that the locals used to return to their respective homes.

These days a large crowd of tourists is arriving in Mainpat. Small shops were opened in the huts by the locals for the convenience of tourists. It was only from these shops that tourists used to get the food items needed. Local people also got employment. A crowd of tourists can be seen here from morning to late evening. The shops are also operated till the tourists stay. After that the locals used to return to their respective homes.

Jaljali Point had also calmed down at around nine on Sunday night. All the people had gone to their respective homes. There was no one in the huts. It is being told that around one o’clock in the night someone set fire to the huts. People who came to open the shop in the morning came to know about it and immediately the fire brigade was informed. The fire brigade team reached the spot within an hour from Ambikapur.

The huts were made of dry wood. All the huts were one after the other, so all the flames were burnt by the fiery flames. Kamleshwarpur police also reached the spot on the information of the incident. Prima facie, the incident is seen to be linked to the misdeeds of mischief. The possibility is also being expressed that the incident is also possible due to the heating of fire in an unsafe manner due to the freezing cold.