In the meeting of the Union Government’s Group of Ministers on employment and skill development, the Indian Labor Organization made many suggestions about employment and jobs.
New Delhi. The trade union associated with the RSS has started putting pressure on the central government for employment and jobs in the country. Due to Corona, due to the nationwide lockdown, millions of people have lost their jobs and jobs. Now that the country is going through Unlock and the crisis of livelihood has arisen in front of the people, the Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh is continuously pressing for employment and job creation at the center.
In the meeting of the Union Government’s Group of Ministers on employment and skill development, the Indian Labor Organization made many suggestions about employment and jobs. A meeting of the Group of Ministers was held on 6 and 7 August in Delhi under the chairmanship of Union Minister Thawar Chand Gehlot. Thawar Chand Gehlot, Arjun Munda, Santosh Gagwar, Mahendranath Pandey, Prahlad Patel, G. Kishan Reddy, Pratap Sarangi attended this meeting.
In the GoM meeting, BMS strongly felt that, unless there is a change in thinking between policy makers and enforcement agencies, the desired change will not happen. Therefore, the need of the hour is out of the box of thinking and is devising a new strategy keeping in mind the special circumstances prevailing in India.
to this BMS suggested on employment –
1. Existing in labor based sector like agriculture, plantation, bidi industry, handloom, fishing etc. Employment should be protected.
2. Community based businesses should be recognized as employment. All the protective measures should be taken by the central government to save them.
3. Identify the districts which can provide large scale employment with local resources and local capabilities. They should be assisted to increase more employment.
4. By developing a cluster of 20-25 villages in each district, the central and state governments should work for the integrated development of the villages.
5. Identification of workers involved in construction works, street vendors, hotel workers, daily laborers for domestic works and their identity cards should be issued. And job creation should be done for them.
6. Apart from migrant workers, there are a large number of local laborers in the village which can be useful to meet the needs of urban areas. The government should establish a mechanism to provide work for these workers.
7. MNREGA works should not be done during crop seeding and cutting period. There is a need to change the criteria for providing jobs to registered workers.
8. State governments and central government should collect data of migrant workers properly. This data can prove useful for man power assessment. To provide employment opportunities to these millions of migrant workers, some coordinated efforts should be intensified with the state governments.
9.The GoM has taken seriously the suggestions of the Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh. However, the central government is working with the state governments on many schemes and policies for employment and job creation in this corona period.