See interactive map of the EC for Lok Sabha elections 2014 Poll Schedule with details
* EC had recommended both opinion/exit polls be banned,but they have banned only exit polls,opinion polls to be dealt with by lawmakers: CEC
* Last poll day is May 12 for 3 states, 41 parliamentary constituencies: CEC
* Counting will be held on 16th May. Counting will be over in one day: CEC
* The Election Commission is mandated to complete the election process to constitute the Lok Sabha before 31st May
* The Lok Sabha polls will be spread over nine days, starting on April 7 and ending on May 12. The vote count will take place across India on May 16
* Elections for 16th Lok Sabha will be held on April 7, 9, 10, 12, 17, 24, 30, May 7 and May 12. The vote count will take place across India on May 16
* BJP’s prime ministerial candidate (BJP PM Candidate) Narendra Modi said the Lok Sabha election was a “historic opportunity” to lay the foundation for a “developed India.”
* My special welcome to 10 crore new voters! You have an important role to play in strengthening & continuing democratic tradition of India.Thankful to EC for giving all eligible voters 1 last chance on 9th March to ensure they are registered. This opportunity must be used: Narendra Modi on Twitter
* Recognizing the malaise of paid news, Election Commission has proposed to the government to make it an electoral offence even as it continues to tackle it itself by monitoring the expenditures of candidates.
* The BJP today welcomed the announcement of the schedule for the Lok Sabha polls and said people wanted a change of government.
* We are ready for elections. Hope to see Narendra Modi as PM: Sukhbir Singh Badal on LS poll dates
* Uttar Pradesh, which elects the maximum of 80 members to the Lok Sabha, will see polling spread over six days in April-May.
* Bihar will have six poll days 10th April, 17th April, 24th April, 30th April, 7th May and 12th May: CEC
* The Election Commission has ordered 20,000 voter verifiable paper audit trail systems, Chief Election Commissioner
* Over 6.24 crore voters in undivided Andhra Pradesh will be eligible to exercise their right to franchise in simultaneous elections to the Lok Sabha and state assembly.
* The Election Commission announced that the model code of conduct has come into effect on Wednesday with the announcement of the April-May Lok Sabha election schedule.
* The Election Commission has asked all political parties to direct their candidates to disclose in affidavits their "foreign bank accounts, details of investments and all assets and liabilities in foreign countries", whether owned by them or in the name of their spouse or dependents.
* We have made a proposal to the law ministry to make paid news an electoral offence: Chief Election Commissioner
* Delhi and Haryana will have one poll day on 10th April: CEC
* Tripura will have two polls days on 7th April and 12th April: CEC
* Nagaland will have one poll day on 9th April: CEC
* Gujarat will have one poll day on 30th April:
* Rajasthan will have two poll days on 17th and 24th April
* Tamil Nadu will have one poll day on 24th April:
* 6 Poll days in UP on April 10th, April 17th, April 24th, April 30th, May 7th, May 12th:
* Maharashtra will have three poll days on 10th, 17th, 24th April:
* Chandigarh one poll day on 10th April; Dadra and Nagar Haveli will have one poll day on 30th April: CEC
* Jharkhand will have three poll days on 10th,17th, 24th April: CEC
(1) May 7: 7 states, 64 parliamentary constituencies: CEC
(2) April 30: 9 states, 89 parliamentary constituencies
(3) April 24: 12 states, 117 parliamentary constituencies
(4) April 17: 13 states, 122 parliamentary constituencies
(5) April 12: 3 states, 5 parliamentary constituencies
(6) April 10: 14 states, 92 parliamentary constituencies: CEC
(7) April 9: 6 states, 9 parliamentary constituencies: CEC
(8) The second poll date is 9th and third poll day will be 10th, followed by 12th April and then 17th April: CEC
(9) The first date of poll is 7th April 2014, this will be held in 2 states and number of parliamentary constituencies covered will be six: CEC
NOTA facility shall be provided in the 2014 general election:
There would be complaints people not finding names in electoral lists. One more opportunity has been provided for enrollment:
The total electorate is approximately 81.4 crore. The increase is about 100 million as compared to last general election. There is an increase of a 100 million in the electorate since the last general election:
Terms of three states Andhra Pradesh, Sikkim, Odisha also come to an end in May and June
You may visit us at: